8 Steps for Spring Cleaning your Chevrolet
Sure, we've all heard of spring cleaning, but often times that applies to your home. Don't you think your Chevrolet needs a little love too? After all, it's been there through the Omaha snow, ice, and muck of winter. Often times the first thought is to drive your beloved Malibu, or Equinox through the car wash and call it good, but taking the extra time to add a few steps can go a long way to protecting your investment, and keeping its appearance up for years to come.
1) Give your ride a bath. You can take it through the local Bellevue car wash, or give it some TLC yourself, but make sure you get all the grime off, including any residual salt off the bottom.
2) Either use some good old fashion elbow grease, or a spray on wheel cleaner to get the brake dust off. (If using a spray on wheel cleaner, be sure to test it first, or make sure that it won't damage the finish).
3) Find a good spot in the shade, and apply a thin coat of wax after your car is dry, and then hand-buff the wax away with a microfiber cloth.
4) Nothing sets off the shine of a clean car like shiny tires! Pick up some tire dressing, and give your tires a quick shine!
5) Let's not forget about the inside! Winter dirt and dust can be just as intrusive to the interior of your car! Give your car a good once over with the vacuum, making sure to get under the seats, and in all the nooks and crannies.
6) Use a can of compressed air to get hard to reach dust out of vents, and hard to reach spots.
7) Glass cleaner is your friend. Spray glass cleaner directly on to a microfiber cloth, preventing it from getting all over your interior. Wipe in all directions making sure to get every square inch of glass.
8) Don't forget the trunk! Do you still have some muddy boots in the trunk, or snow chains that you won't need until winter returns. Make sure to pay a little attention to your trunk and stock it with things you may need in the warmer months (sunscreen, Frisbee, spare sandals, etc).
If you have questions, or would like to find out how we can help detail your Chevrolet contact us!